Google Home – Google’s smart speaker
- Far-Field Voice Recognition Technology
- Multi-User Capability in the US
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 1x 2″ High-Excursion Driver
- 2x 2″ Passive Radiators
- Google Home App Controllable
The Google Home was good from the start, but it was clearly playing catchup to the surprisingly awesome, voice-controlled Amazon Echo. As of November 2018, the Google Home smart speaker is as good as it’s ever been — and significantly better than it was in November 2016 when it debuted. It’s now on par with the Echo and yet, I’d currently recommend it to fewer people than ever before.
- Google's marquee smart speaker still can't do a couple of basic tasks such as take notes. Its sound quality won't be good enough if you're an audiophile. The Google Home has caught up, but still doesn't work with as many smart home gadgets as the Amazon Echo.
- The Google Home is a great smart speaker with a ton of capabilities, but you have so many smart speaker options at this point that I'm less inclined to recommend this well balanced middle child.